The seventh manifestation of Mother Durga, worshipped on the seventh day of Navratri, is Goddess Kalratri.
Devi Kalratri is the seventh aspect of Durga and Worshiped among Navdurga. She is believed to be the most violent Devi among Navdurga. She has dark krishna (black) complexion and her appearance is extremely fearful. Her large red eyes, open red tongue, and sobre on hand violently demolish devils and monsters. She is also glorified with name ‘Kali Maa’. Devi Kalratri has three round eyes, and scattered long black hair. She wears a bead that gleams like fire of electric power.
Appearance of Maa Kalratri
However, appearance of Maa Kalratri is so dreadful, but her grace is generous toward devotees. Worshipping Maa Kalratri on the seventh day gives abundant fruitful result. With her grace, devotees get power, position and eminent status on earth. She protects her devotees against evil influence of demons and wrong people. Worshiping her devotees get complete protection and long life.
Legend of Kalratri
Once there was a demon by the name of Raktabeeja. He performed great penance for Lord Brahma and got a boon. The boon is that, whenever a drop of his blood falls on the ground 100 Rakthabeeja should emerge. By having this boon he wanted to become immortal and he used to hurt himself so 100 more Rakthabeeja would emerge whenever needed.
Kalratri had a fierece fight with Rakthabeeja and finally killed him by draining all the blood in his body. Kalratri did not let a single drop of blood to fall on the ground and killed him.
How Maa Kalratri is worshipped
During Navratri, Saptami Poojan of Devi Kalratri is considered as Maha Pooja or great worship of Goddess Durga. Delighting this deity, devotees certainly get enormous happiness, power and comforts in life. Maa Kalratri is Worshiped to destroy agony of awry influence from life of mankind. On the seventh day of Navratri Pooja, Saptami fast is observed to please this deity. Tantra-mantra practices are also performed and accomplished under blessings of this Goddess. Seventh day of Navratri pooja is envisaged as one of the great days in Durga Pooja. Worship Maa Kalaratri on the seventh day of Navratri Pooja and obtain her enormous grace.
Jai Maa Kalratri!
- How Raktabija was detroyed by Maa Kali
- Famous Shlokas of Durga Saptashati
- Namo Namo Durge Sukh karni – Goddess Durga shloka
- Ya Devi Sarvabhuteshu – The shloka of Goddess Durga
- The killing of Dhumralochana
- माँ सिद्धिदात्री – Maa Siddhidatri story in Hindi – Navratri
- मां महागौरी – Maa Mahagauri story in Hindi – Navratri
- माँ कालरात्रि – Maa Kalratri story in Hindi – Navratri
- मां स्कंदमाता – Maa Skandmata story in Hindi
- माँ कूष्मांडा – Maa Kushmanda – story in Hindi – Navratri
- माँ ब्रह्मचारिणी – Maa Brahmacharini – Navratri story in Hindi
- माँ चंद्रघंटा – Maa Chandraghanta Story in Hindi