The second day of navratri or dwitiya day of shukla paksha of ashwin month is considered for the worship of maa Brahmacharini. on this day, the moon is in Chitra Nakshtra. Brahma that is who observes penance(tapa) and good conduct. Here “Brahma” means “Tapa”. The idol of this Goddess is very gorgeous. There is rosary in her right hand and Kamandal in left hand. She is full with merriment. One story is famous about her. In previous birth she was Parvati Hemavati the daughter of Himvan.
Legend behind Devi Parvati marrying Lord Shiva
Once when she was busy in games with her friends. Naradaji came to her and predicted seeing her Palm-lines that, “You will get married with a naked-terrible ‘Bhole baba’ who was with you in the form of Sati, the daughter of Daksh in previous birth. But now you have to perform penance for him.” There upon Parvati told her mother Menaka that she would marry none except Shambhu, otherwise she would remain unmarried. Saying this she went to observe penance. That is why her name is famous as tapacharini – Brahmacharini. From that time her name Uma became familiar.
Today you can say the day for Chandra darshan. We observe nine forms of Maa Durga for the accomplishment of different desires. On this very auspicious day we observe Maa Brahmacharini. We can ward off all the sorrow and tensions by worshipping Maa Durga and get the benefits.
Maa Brahmacharini has created the shashtra like mahabal and mahavidya in 108 forms of Maa Durga. She is considered as the second most influential goddess. As Brahma is the founder of all Vedas and knowledge, Maa Brahmacharini represents all the Mantra and creation. She is the symbol of all knowledge in this perishable world. She holds a rosary in her right hand and Kamandalu in her left. She personifies love and loyalty. Rudraksha is her most adorned ornament.
- Goddess Durga , Shumbha and Nishumbha
- Durga Saptashati mantras
- Maa Kalratri
- Maa Skandmata
- मां स्कंदमाता
- Navratri legends
- माँ चंद्रघंटा
- Eight Powerful Mantras of Maa Durga
- Killing of Ravana – help of Durga and Saraswati
- Exploits of Lord Krishna
- Lord Kartikeya stories
- Mahishasura and Goddess Durga
- 108 names of Goddess Durga
- Devi Suktam – Ya devi sarva bhuteshu
- Sarva Mangal Mangalye – The Mantra of Devi Durga
- Kishkindha Kand from Ramayana Katha
- Bali and Sugriva – Ramayana Katha
- Mantra of success – Krishna Mantra
- The story of Shishupala
- Stories about Bhishma Pitamah
- Quiz from Ramayana Katha – 21 Facts
- Ten names of the great archer Arjuna
- Ramayana – The legend of prince Rama
- Killing of demons by various forms of Mahagauri
- माँ ब्रह्मचारिणी
- Ekadashi vrata and its importance
- Arasuri temple – Sati Shakti Peeth (Ambaji)
- Tragic facts about Karna from Mahabharata