Seven reasons why you would not like to be Arjuna
I am sure you would be surprised by this but please be patient. I am going to write few facts which are not unknown, and then you probably will agree with me.
1. He had to share his wife with his four brothers. Imagine someone winning the hand of the most beautiful girl in the land in a tough competition and then share her straight away.
2. Had to be exiled for no fault of his. In a bid to save a Brahmin’s cow, he entered the room which was shared by Draupadi and Yudhishthir. So he was banished by entering the room where his wife was present whose hand he had won.
3. His father in law was Drupad and teachcr was Drona. These two were worst enemies. Now you, put yourself in that position when your mentor and your wife’s father at loggerheads. It is like that place when you are stuck between a rock and a hard place.
4. When Krishna praised his rival Karna in Kurukshetra. Being the best archer in business, you suddenly realize that your best friend is praising someone else and that someone else is your chief enemy.
5. This is no brainer. You are faced with the inevitable to fight with your brothers, gurus and everyone you respected.
6. When he had to resort to not so straight methods of overpowering his opponents. He had to break the rules of battle to kill his enemies, e.g. Karna.
7. To be penalized for being decent l. In swargalok, when Urvashi proposed and later cursed him for denying a union with her. Poor him.
I have not listed the sorrow of losing his son, Abhimanyu here, as war takes away lives. Above facts are the ones where he had to fight with the education,system, principles he had been taught and was living with. How would someone cope with these contradictions. Think.