Shakti Peeths in west bengal
Out of 52 Shakti Peeths which were created as a result of Sati’s body parts fallen to various places. Following are the places where Shakti Peeths are found in West Bengal.
1. Bahula – Ketugram (On the Banks of Ajay river.)
2. Ujaani – Near Guskara.
3. Trisrota – Jalpaiguri distt.
4. Yogaadya – Khirgram.
5. Kireet – KireetKona.
6. Kankalitala – Birbhum.
7. Vibhash – Medinipur.
8. Ratnavali – Hooghly.
9. Nalhati – Nalateshwari temple, Birbhum.
10. Bakreshwar – Birbhum distt.
11. Attahas Village
12. Sainthia – Birbhum Distt.
13. Kalipeeth – Kalighat.
Pic from Kalighat Temple
Birbhum district appears to have special aashirvaad of ‘Maa’. The Shakti peeths have originated from the parts of Maa Sati. This happened when Bhagwan Vishnu used his sudarshan chakra. For full story read the article Sati and Shakti Peeths.