Nature is full of wonders but these architects of natural world are amazing. These creatures have not taken any training and still are masters. In true sense, their creations are the seven wonders of architecture of natural world.
- Peppermint generally thrives in shade and expands quickly by underground stolons.
- If you choose to grow peppermint, it is advisable to plant it in a container, otherwise it can rapidly take over a whole garden.
- It needs a good water supply, and is ideal for planting in part-sun to shade areas.
- This plant is rich in vitamin A, vitamin C and manganese.
- Leaves are crushed and rubbed on skin to give a soothing and relaxing effect.
- upset stomach
- inhibits bacterial growth.
Navratri – worship of Maa Durga
Navratri is nine days of worship done to thank Goddess Durga. Whole of Iindia celebrates this festival. The festival of Navratri is celebrated twice in India. Once in the Hindi month of Chaitra which is the month of March-April. Secondly, in the month of Ashwin i.e. September-October. It is a nine days long festival in which the Goddess Durga is worshipped in nine different forms. People all over the country celebrate this festival with immense joy and enthusiasm. Devotees of Maa Durga observe a rigorous fast of nine days during this festival.
The legend of Rama and Ravana
Useful herbs – Milk Thistle
Dioscorides, a first century Greek physician, gave milk thistlethe name Silybum marianum. Silybum relates to a number of edible thistles and marianumhonors the symbolic associations to the Virgin Mary. This is one of the important herbs which nature has provided to us. This is one of the herbs, which is used widely in liver disorders. The liver-protective effects were known and written about in ancient times, leading to the active chemical, pharmacological, and safety research beginning in Germany in the 1950s. Clinical use for a variety of liver ailments, such as hepatitis, has also prospered throughout many parts of the world.
- Liver and gall bladder disease.
- Hepatitis (liver inflammation).
- High cholesterol levels.
- Insulin resistance in people with type 2 diabetes who also have cirrhosis.
- The growth of cancer cells in breast, cervical, and prostate cancers.
- Effects of a hangover.
Useful herbs – legend around Milk thistle
Legend has it that the white mottling of the leaves of milk thistle was caused by a drop of the Virgin Mary’s milk. The plant was traditionally used to stimulate milk production. Its scientific name is Silybum marianumwas a name given to some edible thistles in the first century by a Greek physician, and marianum is a reference to the Virgin Mary legend.
Originating in Kashmir, India milk thistle found its way to Europe during the Middle Ages. Milk thistle was cultivated in European gardens as a vegetable until the end of the 19th century. All parts of the plant were consumed.
- It is used to lower blood cholesterol level.
- To treat inflammation and ulcer of stomach and intestine.
- To improve digestion.
- To treat painful menstruation.
- Insufficient lactation.
- To freshen bad breath.
- For body building.
- To treat skin problems such as abscesses, boils, burns, eczema, gout and ulceration of the skin.
- It’s a effective remedy against heartburn or acid reflux.
- multiple sclerosis.
- premenstrual tension.
- rheumatoid arthritis.
- liver damage due to alcohol.
- Bread slice – 2.
- Cheese grated- 1 cup.
- Capsicum chopped- 1 tbsp.
- Tomatoes chopped- 1 tbsp.
- Green chill chopped (optional).
- In a bowl mix cheese, capsicum, tomatoes, chillies, salt.
- Mix so that it become like paste, otherwise you can add some cream.
- Toast the bread slightly.
- Apply cheese mixture on the bread slice.
- Put it in oven in broil mode or in convection mode till you get the colour.
- This is a bit spicy form of plain cheese toast, and it tastes yummy…