Maa Kushmanda is the fourth manifestation of Goddess Durga. On the fourth day of Navratri Pooja, worship of Devi Kushmanda is performed giving her whole reverence. She nurtures the entire universe with her divine and gentle smile that revered her with name ‘Kushmanda’.
Describing Maa Kushmanda
She is depicted as seated on a lion, and possesses eight arms. She resides in solar systems and represents all knowledge. Seven types of weapons are shown in seven hands and prayer beads in her right hand. Rosery represents her power to bless her devotees with Ashtasiddhi (8 types of studies or wisdom sources) and Navanidhi (9 types of wealth). She likes the offerings of “Kumhde.” Therefore her name “Kushmanda” has become famous.
In this form, Mother Durga creates solar system by liberating her power to Lord Sun.
Meaning of Kushmanda
Kushmanda is ‘ Ku-shm-anda’ mean ‘Ku’ = a little; ‘ushma’ = warmth; ‘anda’ = cosmic egg. Thus she is the mother of the universe. The universe was full of darkness before her light spreads all around like the rays of lighted sun. She has eight hands with weapons, glitters, rosary, blessing hand etc.
In Hindu mythology, it is believed when there was no existence of universe,and when the densest darkness surrounded the whole planets of space, only a little soft smile of Devi Kushmanda illuminated the Universe. She is the form of ‘Adi Shakti’. It is advised that one should perform Pooja for this almighty only after absolute purification of heart and soul. Impure heart can make this Goddess infuriate. Grace of this Goddess finishes all types of physical and mental disorders and ailments. By spiritually worshipping Goddess Kushmanda, the worshipper can become free from afflictions.
Worship of Kushmanda
Her grace endows divine spark to adorers. Worshiping her in simple process, the worshipper can feel the existence of this great almighty. Goddess Kushmanda is true symbolism of divine spark. Worshippers of this Goddess certainly obtain cosmic energy that enhances their positive aura. Positive reflection makes the person glorified in society. With blessings of Devi Kushmanda, devotees can achieve name, fame and other comforts of life.
- How Raktabija was detroyed by Maa Kali
- Famous Shlokas of Durga Saptashati
- Namo Namo Durge Sukh karni – Goddess Durga shloka
- Ya Devi Sarvabhuteshu – The shloka of Goddess Durga
- The killing of Dhumralochana
- माँ सिद्धिदात्री – Maa Siddhidatri story in Hindi – Navratri
- मां महागौरी – Maa Mahagauri story in Hindi – Navratri
- माँ कालरात्रि – Maa Kalratri story in Hindi – Navratri
- मां स्कंदमाता – Maa Skandmata story in Hindi
- माँ कूष्मांडा – Maa Kushmanda – story in Hindi – Navratri
- माँ ब्रह्मचारिणी – Maa Brahmacharini – Navratri story in Hindi
- माँ चंद्रघंटा – Maa Chandraghanta Story in Hindi