The third manifestation of goddess Durga is Devi Chandraghanta and on the third day of the Navratri goddess Chandraghanta is worshipped by the devotees.
Maa Chandraghanta rides on Tiger, who is endowed with intense anger and violence and is known by this name because bell shaped mark of moon is present on her forehead. She has 10 hands which hold weapons like trident, chakra, bow and arrow, paash, sword etc. Goddess Chandraghanta is the married form of Goddess Parvati. After getting married to Lord Shiva, Parvati started adorning her forehead with half Chandra (half moon).
The third day of Navratri is considered to be the most important day of nine divine days and nights. Worshipping goddess Chandraghanta on this day eradicate all the problems and troubles of life.
She is the image of bravery. The frightful sound of her bell terrifies all villains and demonic incarnations. She is also the giver of supreme knowledge and bliss and is depicted as having golden skin with the half circular moon on her forehead, glowing. She is worshipped in this form in Kanchipuram (Tamil Nadu) India.Srisailam Devasthanam also is a temple of Ma Chandraghanta.A very popular legend associated with Maa Chandraghanta is the story of Raja Harischandra as her devotee.
The complexion possessed by Maa Chandraghanta is golden. She possesses ten arms which wield weapons and missiles like the sword, the bow, the mace, the arrows and the like. During the battle between the gods and the demons, the horrible sound produced by her ghantaa had sent thousands of wicked demons to the abode of the Death-god. She is ever in a warring posture which shows her eagerness to destroy the foes of her devotees so that her devotees may ever live in peace and prosperity. Divine vision is acquired by her grace. If a devotee happens to enjoy divine fragrance and hears diverse sounds, he is said to be blessed by the Mother.
Maa Chandraghanta should be adores and worshipped with great purity in mind and heart observing all the rites properly. Having acquired her grace, we get rid of all worldly turmoil and enjoy Supreme bliss. Devotees should always have her gentle form in their minds while meditating on her.
- How Raktabija was detroyed by Maa Kali
- Famous Shlokas of Durga Saptashati
- Namo Namo Durge Sukh karni – Goddess Durga shloka
- Ya Devi Sarvabhuteshu – The shloka of Goddess Durga
- The killing of Dhumralochana
- माँ सिद्धिदात्री – Maa Siddhidatri story in Hindi – Navratri
- मां महागौरी – Maa Mahagauri story in Hindi – Navratri
- माँ कालरात्रि – Maa Kalratri story in Hindi – Navratri
- मां स्कंदमाता – Maa Skandmata story in Hindi
- माँ कूष्मांडा – Maa Kushmanda – story in Hindi – Navratri
- माँ ब्रह्मचारिणी – Maa Brahmacharini – Navratri story in Hindi
- माँ चंद्रघंटा – Maa Chandraghanta Story in Hindi