The festival of Teej
Ganesha Chaturthi festival is celebarted all over India and especially in Maharashtra. During this festival, people observe elaborate rituals and worship idols of Lord Ganesha.
Importance of Shivlinga
Lord Shiva is known as a destroyer in holy trinity of Brahma, Vishnu and Mahesh. But there are another aspects of Lord which is captivating.
Kanwar festival or Shravan festival in India
In Indian mythology, we find mention of stories which are not only interesting, but also serve a message/ purpose. Mahabharata is one such epic, where we find these types of topics in abundance. Here are seven captivating stories from the epic Mahabharata from Indian mythology.
- The Navratri Quiz
- Durga Saptashati Mantras
- Lord Krishna facts
- Lord Kartikeya facts
- Curses in Indian mythology
- Bal Kand story in pictures
- Lord Hanuman – Balaji – Manokamna Mandir – Kaushambi – Ghaziabad
- Hanuman Jee photos
- Eight Powerful Mantras of Maa Durga
- Boons in Indian mythology
- Navgrah Vatika
- श्री कृष्ण – जांबवती
- Ya Devi Sarvabhuteshu
- Killing of Ravana – help of Durga and Saraswati
Unknown facts about Karna
Seven little known facts about Karna from the Mahabharata – Karna – the most virtuous but tragic warrior from Mahabharata had a lot going against him. Karna was the eldest son of Kunti. He was born before Kunti was wedded, so Kunti had to let him go and He, being the eldest and most deserving, had to live his life …… Read more
Unknown facts about Lord Krishna
21 facts of Lord Krishna
Shri Krishna is perhaps the most written about amongst the incarnations of Lord Vishnu. His stories are magical, inspiring and sometimes they look human like. Please read on for some interesting and unknown facts about him. …. Read more
Unknown facts about Mahabharata
Draupadi could have fourteen husbands instead of five
Draupadi is one of the most talked about character of Mahabharata. Few people know that she could have fourteen husbands.
Unknown facts about Lord Kartikeya
Lord Kartikeya, the son of Lord Shiva and Parvati, is the worshipped prominently in south India. He is known by different names – Lord Swaminatha, Lord Murugan, Skand and more. There is an interesting story of a competition between two brothers, Lord Ganesha and Lord Kartikeya and how Lord Kartikeya subsequently chose to live in Tanil region. He is also the commander of devtas.
Read the stories about Lord Hanumana
- Story of Lord Hanumana, Lord Shani and Meghnaad
- The story behind Lord Hanumana’s panchmukhi roopa
- When Lord Hanumana tore his heart to show Lord Rama
- Shri Hanuman Chalisa
- Ramayana and Lord Hanumana facts
- The Ramayana (Rama, Ravana and Hanumana) story in pictures – Yuddha Kand (8)
- Lord Hanumana facts
- Mahavir Jayanti – birth of Lord Hanumana
- A tale of two brothers – Bhima and Hanumana
- Sunder Kand – Lord Hanuman (Ramayana)