This is regarded as world’s oldest medicine.
- Peppermint generally thrives in shade and expands quickly by underground stolons.
- If you choose to grow peppermint, it is advisable to plant it in a container, otherwise it can rapidly take over a whole garden.
- It needs a good water supply, and is ideal for planting in part-sun to shade areas.
- This plant is rich in vitamin A, vitamin C and manganese.
- Leaves are crushed and rubbed on skin to give a soothing and relaxing effect.
Infused peppermint leaves are used to treat :
- upset stomach
- inhibits bacterial growth.
Peppermint is used in various products such as Peppermint Tea, Peppermint Creams, etc.