In Hindu religion and mythology, Goddess Lakshmi has great importance. She has eight forms and called Ashta Lakshmi. Lakshmi,the hindu goddess of beauty, wealth and fertility has eight iconic manifestations. Know about Dhana Lakshmi here who symbolizes wealth and prosperity.
This form of the goddess is one who showers wealth. In this form the Mother is six-armed, in red garments, carries chakra (discus), shankha (conch),kalasha (water pitcher with mango leaves and a coconut on it) or Amrita kumbha (a pitcher containing Amrita – elixir of life), bow-arrow, and a lotus and one hand depicting abhaya mudra with gold coins falling from it.
Dhana is wealth. But as per Rigved’s Purush Sukta, Dhana is not only a wealth in coins and currency, Wealth comes in many forms: Nature, Love, Peace, Health, Prosperity, Luck, Virtues, Family, Food, Land, Water, Will Power, Intellect, and Character etc. With the grace of mother Dhana Lakshmi we will get all these in abundance.
There are eight forms of goddess, which symbolizes various aspects of human behaviour and fortune. Remembering them removes all obstacles from ones path and guides a human being towards well being. These forms are:
1. Aadi – (The Primeval Goddess) or Maha Lakshmi (The Great Goddess)
2. Dhana or Aishwarya (The Goddess of Prosperity and Wealth)
3. Dhaanya (Goddess of Food grains)
4. Gaja (The Elephant Goddess)
5. Santana (The Goddess of Progeny)
6. Veera/ Dhairya (The Goddess of Valor and Courage)
7. Vidya(The Goddess of Knowledge)
8. Vijaya/ Jaya (The Goddess of Victory)