In Hindu religion and mythology, Goddess Lakshmi has great importance. She has eight forms and called Ashta Lakshmi. Details about Dhanya Lakshmi is here.
As Goddess Lakshmi has eight forms to preside over eight types of wealth. Dhanya Lakshmi is an important aspect of this wealth. It is said that, in this form, She helped Pandavas when they were in exile. Draupadi had akshaypatra and it is said that this was possible by the blessings of Goddess.
She is Goddess of Grains and provider of agricultural wealth. She is the one who eliminates hunger. Mother ensures that there is enough food for not only the members but also for the visitors just like Annapurna.
She is worshiped as Goddess of the harvest and the Devi blesses with abundance and success in harvest. This symbolizes the inner harvest, that, with patience and persistence, we obtain the abundance of inner joy we obtain the blessing of Dhaanya Lakshmi.
In this form, the Mother has Eight-armes,in which she carries two lotuses, gadaa (mace), paddy crop, sugarcane bananas, other two hands depicting abhaya mudra and varada mudra.she is always shown wearing green sari.
There are eight forms of goddess, which symbolizes various aspects of human behaviour and fortune. Remembering them removes all obstacles from ones path and guides a human being towards well being. These forms are:
1. Aadi – (The Primeval Goddess) or Maha Lakshmi (The Great Goddess)
2. Dhana or Aishwarya (The Goddess of Prosperity and Wealth)
3. Dhaanya (Goddess of Food grains)
4. Gaja (The Elephant Goddess)
5. Santana (The Goddess of Progeny)
6. Veera/ Dhairya (The Goddess of Valor and Courage)
7. Vidya(The Goddess of Knowledge)
8. Vijaya/ Jaya (The Goddess of Victory)